- Holden Barina
- Holden Barina 2003
- Holden Advice
- Holden Barina Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Doug
My 2003 Barina had the gearbox worked on under warranty in the middle of 2008. Last week it developed a groan from the gearbox under overdrive and when changing down. I checked the gearbox oil level and found it was down and it took nearly a litre to restore it to the full mark. It is now quieter, but still makes some noise, especially in reverse. The one Holden dealer has done all of the service work. Should I be concerned?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Apr 2010
Yes, it is worth checking. It could just be leaking and need new seals, but it really depends on the rate of the leak. If it’s leaking at a rapid rate you should be able to see oil on your driveway, if it’s not it might just be that you need to check it once a week and top it up as needed. If you are worried take it to your dealer, or an auto transmission specialist.
Other Holden Barina problems
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2010 Holden Barina?
- What is causing my 2006 Holden Barina to select a gear but not move?
- Why is the steering on my 2010 Holden Barina unstable?
- Holden Barina 2000: Why does my car randomly lose momentum?
- Holden Barina: Parts not stocked in Australia
- What is the correct tyre pressure for the Holden Barina 2010?
- Holden Barina 2011: Does this car have a timing chain or belt?
- Holden Barina 2010: Rattling noise in the gearbox
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia