Ford's damaged goods
- Ford Mondeo
- Ford Mondeo 2007
- Ford Advice
- Ford Mondeo Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Darren
AFTER searching for weeks, I found a 2007 Ford Mondeo XR5, which was advertised as brand new. The deal I was offered was so good that I asked the salesman if it had ever been in an accident or hail damaged. I was told it had not. On the way home I could hear wind gushing through the door sills and, on inspection, the paint on the driver's side door and passenger door looked different. The gaps in the doors were different and I noticed overspray. I phoned the dealer and was eventually told it had been in an accident. I demanded the deal be called off, but he said the car was registered in my name and it was too bad. They offered to repair it, but I feel so ripped off. Ford said they couldn't do anything; it is the way the franchise has treated me, so they are powerless.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Nov 2008
I'M SURE Ford would be most unhappy about its dealer acting in this way, but it has little control over what happens once the cars leave the factory. From what you say, the dealer appears to have misrepresented the car to you and you have cause for complaint, if not compensation. I would pursue legal action against the dealer.
Other Ford Mondeo problems
- Why does my 2013 Ford Mondeo wagon only shift gears properly in manual mode?
- Why does my 2009 Ford Mondeo keep going into limp mode?
- Ford Mondeo 2011: Any known problems with PowerShift transmission?
- Ford Mondeo 2016: Difference between Titanium and a Trend hatchback?
- Which Ford Fusion is the best?
- Where is the Ford Fusion made and when was the first one built?
- What's a good mid-sized wagon to buy?
- My 2010 Ford Mondeo is having problems, what should I do with it?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia