Ford Territory Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Ford Territory?
Asked by Connor
Answered by CarsGuide11 Dec 2020
To connect your phone to the Ford Territory Bluetooth system, start by making sure your phone has its Bluetooth switched on and is in discoverable mode. You also need the vehicle to be in Park with the engine running; having the ignition in accessory mode is not sufficient, the engine must be running for phone pairing to take place.
On the stereo info-screen in the Territory, touch the Phone button, followed by the Add a Phone button. You should next receive a message that the pairing process has begun and a six-digit code will be displayed. Enter that code into your phone and the pairing process should complete. You’ll know it has when the phone’s name is displayed on the car’s screen as being added successfully.
If more than one phone is paired with the car, the system will ask if you wish to make the current phone your favourite. If you do, this is the phone that will be automatically paired with if more than one paired phone is detected.
The system will then ask you if you wish to automatically download your phone’s contact book to the car. If you touch Yes, this process will begin and could take a few minutes depending on how many contacts you have.
For more instructions on how to play music through the system, more setup options, and troubleshooting problems, refer to the vehicle’s owner’s manual.
Other Ford Territory problems
- Why won't my 2005 Ford Territory transmission move forward or reverse?
- Why is the transmission in my 2016 Ford Territory intermittently down-shifting?
- Does the 2008 Ford Territory RWD have electric steering?
- Why won't my Ford Territory go into reverse when cold?
- How do I activate the alarm system in my 2012 Ford Territory?
- The software in my 2015 Ford Territory is not working.
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Ford Territory 2010: Variety of electrical issues
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers