Choosing between petrol and diesel Territory
- Ford Territory
- Ford Territory 2015
- Ford Advice
- Ford Territory Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Family Cars
- 7 seater
Asked by Peter Mann
We're thinking of buying a new RWD Territory but we aren't sure whether to go for the diesel or petrol model. We do between 10-15,000 kilometres of mainly suburban driving a year. Can I get your opinion on whether it's worth paying the extra for the diesel model for the type of driving we do? Do you know of any websites that list real world (suburban) fuel consumption that we could use for comparison?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Feb 2015
We aren't aware of any websites that list the real world fuel economy of cars, and we'd be reluctant to give you any figures as they might not apply to your situation in any case. Working out the time required to recoup the extra cost of the diesel engine is difficult because it depends on the cost of both petrol and diesel at any given time and the relative reduction in fuel consumption from using diesel. Based on your annual mileage, and the fact that it is predominantly suburban, I would suggest petrol as the way to go. If you were doing a lot of highway driving, and a lot of towing, then diesel could be a better bet for you.
Other Ford Territory problems
- Why won't my 2005 Ford Territory transmission move forward or reverse?
- Ford Territory Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Ford Territory?
- Why is the transmission in my 2016 Ford Territory intermittently down-shifting?
- Does the 2008 Ford Territory RWD have electric steering?
- Why won't my Ford Territory go into reverse when cold?
- How do I activate the alarm system in my 2012 Ford Territory?
- The software in my 2015 Ford Territory is not working.
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- A guide to converting your old car to...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
A guide to converting your old car to electric