- Holden Calais
- Holden Calais 1995
- Holden Calais 1996
- Holden Calais 1997
- Holden Advice
- Holden Calais Reviews
- Holden Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Bob Mulley
My VS V6 Holden Calais has started to backfire occasionally through the Air Filter Box. The installer told me to fit new spark plugs and leads, which I have done, but it is still happening. Could it be bad or dirty LPG?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Apr 2012
The backfire you are hearing is the gas igniting in the intake manifold, which is quite common with cars running on LPG. A random spark usually causes it, and the plug leads usually cause that. It's not the LPG. I'd take it back to the installer and get his help.
Other Holden Calais problems
- Why is the paint in the drain channels on the roof of my 2018 Holden Calais peeling off?
- What gearbox can I use in my 2007 Holden Calais?
- How much is a used 2006 Holden Calais worth?
- Why is water coming into the passenger side of my 2006 Holden Calais?
- Holden Calais 2010: Is the engine worth replacing?
- Holden Calais 2008: Does the timing belt need to be replaced?
- Do I need windscreen replacement coverage?
- Holden Calais 2014: What should I do about the safety recall on my car?