Holden Barina 2005: Linkage kit installation?
- Holden Barina
- Holden Barina 2004
- Holden Barina 2005
- Holden Barina 2002
- Holden Barina 2003
- Holden Advice
- Holden Barina Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Howard
A Holden dealer has told me that my XC Barina, which has only traveled a mere 75,000 km, requires a linkage kit for the gearbox to fix a problem selecting first and second gears. I have been quoted in excess of $900 to have this work done, does it need to be done by a Holden dealer, or can any reputable repairer do it?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Apr 2010
Yes, any competent mechanic can do it, there’s no need to have a Holden dealer do the work.
Other Holden Barina problems
- Does my 2001 Holden Barina need a new clutch?
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2010 Holden Barina?
- What is causing my 2006 Holden Barina to select a gear but not move?
- Why is the steering on my 2010 Holden Barina unstable?
- Holden Barina 2000: Why does my car randomly lose momentum?
- Holden Barina: Parts not stocked in Australia
- What is the correct tyre pressure for the Holden Barina 2010?
- Holden Barina 2011: Does this car have a timing chain or belt?