Subaru Liberty 2005 Review
- Subaru Liberty
- Subaru Liberty 2005
- Subaru Liberty Reviews
- Subaru Reviews
- Subaru Sedan Range
Now there are as many gears in the auto as there are stars in Liberty's NCAP crash test rating.
The spec. B refers to Bilstein suspension and "big" 18in alloy wheels.
At $51,000, the Spec B auto is approaching the price point of prestige European models like Benz C-Class and BMW 3-Series. But it's a whole lot more car, larger, more powerful, better mannered and just as handsome.
And the flat six cylinder engine is a cracker, a smooter alternative to the turbo four in Liberty GT.
- Auto offers sequential shift mode, close ratio spacing and smooth shifts most of the time. Adaptive system can occasionally hold a ratio a little too long.
- Auto is actually $1000 less than the six speed manual.
- Flat six cylinder 3.0-litre engine delivers 180kW/297Nm output– has strong perform- ance across the range. Auto makes the most of engine output.
- Scores the full leather treatment inside plus premium McIntosh audio, climate control, electric seats and so on.
- Ride is firm, jiggles on rough roads but has excellent handling when pushed. Great steer- ing, excellent traction from all wheel drive system.
- Love the aluminium pedals and dash inserts_ adds a splash of flash.
- Full safety credentials including ABS with electronic brake force distribution, air bags everywhere including side curtains, double pretensioners on the front seat belts and seat belt warning lights on all seats.
- Roomy interior, adequate for five and a big boot. Spare is full size.
- Plenty of storage compartments in cabin.
- Electric sunroof is standard as is Momo wheel.
- Engine can be economical if driven carefully, hoof it and its upo there with Falconand Commodore.
- Dual exhausts look cool as do front driving lights.
- Spec. B sits lower than standard car, looks imposing standing still. Wheels are awesome.
Impressive car– would have to be on the shopping list for European prestige car buyers if only to set a benchmark the Euros couldn't match for the money.
Range and Specs
|2.0i||2.0L, ULP, 4 SP AUTO||$4,600 – 7,480||2005 Subaru Liberty 2005 2.0i Pricing and Specs|
|2.0i Luxury||2.0L, ULP, 5 SP MAN||$4,500 – 7,260||2005 Subaru Liberty 2005 2.0i Luxury Pricing and Specs|
|2.5i||2.5L, ULP, 5 SP MAN||$5,000 – 7,810||2005 Subaru Liberty 2005 2.5i Pricing and Specs|
|2.5i Premium||2.5L, ULP, 4 SP AUTO||$5,300 – 8,250||2005 Subaru Liberty 2005 2.5i Premium Pricing and Specs|