Will headlights from a 2005 Ford Focus interchange with a 2000 Ford Focus?
Asked by Leodis
Answered by CarsGuide19 Nov 2021
There’s a distinct line in the sand here. If the 2005 Ford Focus you’re referring to was a late Mark 1 Focus, then yes, the headlights should interchange with an earlier Focus as both cars were more or less the same. At the time, Ford was making use of what was called its `Edge’ styling philosophy which was all hard lines and sharp angles.
However, for the Mark 2 Focus which came along in May 2005, Ford had softened the styling considerably, and the headlights of an early Focus will definitely not fit the Mark 2 model as they are a totally different shape.
What puzzles me most is where you managed to obtain a 2000 Focus as the car was not introduced into Australia by Ford until late 2002. The car did exist prior to that, but not in this country. Perhaps you’re buying headlights online from an overseas seller. If that’s the case, make sure they’re for a right-hand-drive Focus as they’ll physically point the wrong way if they’re for a left-hand-drive car. They’ll also be technically unroadworthy if that’s the case.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Will a Ford Focus radiator work on a 2002 Ford Cougar?
- The front passenger tyre on my 2006 Ford Focus fell off. Are the axles on the 2002 and 2006 Ford Focus interchangeable?
- I need a new front driver's door for my 2014 Ford Focus, will a 2012 or 2016 Ford Focus door work?
- Should I sell my 2004 Ford Focus to the wreckers?
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?