Why is my LDV T60 Luxe stuck in 4L?
Asked by Vince
My LDV Luxe seems to be stuck in 4L. I did use it in 4L and 4H last weekend and it was not used for three days. I forgot to put it back to 2H. When I used it three days later, I selected 2H, but the light just keeps flashing on the dash. I drove back and forward on soft and hard ground to try to disengage four-wheel-drive, but no success. I have been driving around for two days unable to go above 60km/h. Please help.
Answered by CarsGuide18 Sep 2020
For reasons known only to marketing departments, the LDV, like most modern four-wheel-drive vehicles, uses a rotary knob to shift between two and four-wheel-drive and high and low-range. While old-school off-roaders of decades ago used a simple, mechanical lever to make these shifts, the modern rotary knob system relies on electronics and solenoids to effect the same shifts. When these solenoids go wrong or there’s an interruption to or glitch in the power supply, you can easily experience the symptoms you’ve noted.
The LDV is by no means the only brand to suffer vague or phantom shifting with this system and a body-computer re-set may be required. The fault has nothing to do with you leaving it in 4H while it was parked for a few days. It’s also very unlikely to be an actual mechanical problem with the transmission. So make it the dealer’s problem; it’s a new vehicle, so the vehicle will be covered by warranty and it won’t cost you anything to have put right.
Other LDV T60 problems
- Why won't my LDV T60's display screen work?
- Hi, My LDV T60 ute's display screen is not working, All other functions are good. Any idea?
- Why won't my 2018 LDV T60 start?
- LDV T60: Problems with engine temperature
- LDV T60 2019: Brakes not working properly
- LDV T60: Alarm sounding at 80km/h
- LDV T60 2017: What weight can I tow?
- Where is the LDV T60 made?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- Cars that start with D
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to LDV
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
Cars that start with D