What's wrong with my car?
- Hyundai Accent
- Hyundai Accent 2017
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai Accent Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Small Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Philippa
I had a frightening experience in my 2017 Hyundai Accent Sports Hatch in January on the diamond-grooved section of the Hunter Expressway in NSW. Approaches to Hyundai dealers, "Customer Care" head office, NRMA, and RMS produced a variety of responses.
My local dealer suggested that it was a combination of the tyres, the wheelbase, the car’s weight and suspension, but no solution. The RMS confirmed this and only advised that I adjust my speed to reduce the effect. I tried this yesterday on another trip, reducing speed to 70 km/h in a 110 km/h zone. Little difference. No satisfaction from Hyundai despite two thorough checks at two different dealer service centres.
Answered by CarsGuide27 Jul 2018
You don’t tell us what happened, which makes it difficult to be of help.
Reducing speed isn’t a satisfactory answer, as driving at 70 km/h when the rest of the traffic is doing 100 km/h can be dangerous. It would appear that there is nothing obviously wrong with the car, or it would have been found in the inspections. You could try increasing the tyre pressures by 5 psi and see if that has any affect; you could also have an experienced mechanic drive the car over the section of road in question so they can see how it behaves.
Other Hyundai Accent problems
- What new cars do you recommend?
- Hyundai Accent 2019: Does it support Android Auto?
- What is the cheapest Hyundai?
- Hyundai i30 or Accent 2012: Good second hand cars?
- Hyundai Accent 2016: Car stopping
- Hyundai Accent 2016: Is a used Hyundai better than a new Suzuki?
- How much does it cost to service a 2014 Hyundai Accent?
- Why won't my 2014 Hyundai Accent play music?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list