VW Polo noise
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo 2010
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Michael Meilech
I would like to know if I have a lemon. I have a 2010 VW Polo TSI that has spent about two full months since new at the dealership. After about a month the turbo motor packed up, the cars computer system has been updated about four times to try and repair a horrible noise that they cannot seem to get sorted, the car shuddered a lot and does not seem to have any power when pulling away. It is booked into go back to the dealer next week for the noise, which has come back; I am at wits end with this car.
Answered by CarsGuide17 Nov 2011
You would certainly appear to have cause for grievance. The only thing you can do is to make it perfectly clear to the dealer and VW that you are very unhappy with the product they have sold you. You could also consult the consumer affairs people in WA and put your case to them that you believe the Polo you have been sold is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold.
Under the Australian Consumer Law introduced in January 2011, a consumer can request a refund or a replacement for persistent problems if the car doesn’t do the job it’s supposed to do.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- What can I do about the faulty AEB on my 2018 Volkswagen Polo?
- How is oil mixing with coolant in my 2015 Volkswagen Polo?
- My new used 2010 Volkswagen Polo already has problems, what should I do?
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
12 best EVs available in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4