Ute for towing 3500kg caravan?
- Ford Ranger
- Mazda BT-50
- Ford F350
- Ford F350 2007
- Ford Ranger 2015
- Mazda BT-50 2015
- Ford Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Ford F350 Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by Glenn Ashcroft
I have a caravan with a 3.5-tonne ATM. Can you recommend a ute that can tow 3500 kg, has a decent payload, and is going to be reliable?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Jan 2015
That's a tough one. The Ford Ranger and Mazda BT-50 are rated to tow 3500kg, but if you tow the full 3500kg, as you want to do, the payload you can also carry is severely reduced. None of the other utes marketed here by the major manufacturers are rated to tow 3500kg, which rules them out. If you want to tow 3500kg and carry a decent load, you're really looking at one of the big brutes from America, like a Ford F-Series, a Dodge Ram, or a Toyota Tundra.
Other Ford Ranger problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Can an oil cooler keep the transmission cool in my 2014 Ford Ranger?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Why does my 2015 Ford Ranger cut out for no reason?
- What is causing the clutch to get stuck in my 2013 Ford Ranger?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why does the fifth gear pop out of my 2007 Ford Ranger when I drive on the highway?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers