The hunt is on
- Subaru Impreza
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Polo 2004
- Subaru Impreza 2002
- Subaru Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Volkswagen Polo Reviews
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
Asked by Jim West
SINCE new my daughter's 2002 Subaru Impreza has been ``hunting'' at low speeds in low gears, which is very frustrating in peak-hour stop-go traffic. It feels as if the throttle response is far too sensitive. The same happens at 100km/h on cruise control. Four Subaru service centres say there's nothing wrong and to just use more injector cleaner. I wish they'd drive the bloody thing and ignore their computers. My other daughter's 1996 Impreza had a similar problem and it was fixed, but the service manager who identified the problem is no longer around. That car also has a lot more power than the later one. Any ideas on who to turn to? I've now canned thoughts of having a third Subaru in the family.
Answered by CarsGuide20 Jul 2006
WE CONTACTED Subaru who, quite rightly, wouldn't comment on what the problem might or might not be without driving the car. They suggest you contact them directly on the customer assistance number and they will arrange to have your car assessed to see what the problem is. I can only urge you to follow their recommendation.
Other Volkswagen Polo problems
- What can I do about the faulty AEB on my 2018 Volkswagen Polo?
- How is oil mixing with coolant in my 2015 Volkswagen Polo?
- My new used 2010 Volkswagen Polo already has problems, what should I do?
- Volkswagen Polo 2016: Why is my car reversing when in drive?
- What is the durability and re-sale value of a used car?
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Car won't reverse
- Volkswagen Polo 2012: Gearbox failed
- Volkswagen Polo 2014: losing water
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- Aluminium vs steel ute trays: pros and cons...
- Why choose an Extra Cab ute instead of a...
- What your driving record means for you, and...
- ANCAP safety ratings explained
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- The ultimate accessories for your Ford Ranger
- How to choose the right car to maximise...
- Capped price servicing explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
Aluminium vs steel ute trays: pros and cons of each
Why choose an Extra Cab ute instead of a Single Cab or Dual Cab?
What your driving record means for you, and how to check yours
ANCAP safety ratings explained
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
The ultimate accessories for your Ford Ranger
How to choose the right car to maximise resale value
Capped price servicing explained