Subaru service cost
- Subaru Forester
- Subaru Liberty
- Subaru Liberty 2008
- Subaru Forester 2014
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Subaru Liberty Reviews
- Subaru Wagon Range
- Subaru SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Marcus Weber
Some comments about Subaru: My last service cost $292 but the dealer attempted to double the invoice with a cabin filter for $115 and injectors "flushed" for another $150. Subaru has service intervals that are half of the rest of the industry, at double the cost. All Subaru speedos are set 10 per cent below actual speed and dealers refuse to rectify this. It means at 100,000km you have only done 90,000km and paid for an additional service. Also, you hold up traffic on the open road. I have two Subarus, a 2008 Liberty wagon and 2014 Forester.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Mar 2015
Subaru spokesman David Rowley replies: "If the customer can supply the details of their car and the particular service, we would like to investigate on their behalf. Under Subaru's capped price service program, the cost of each service is transparent and clearly spelled out on our website, and can be checked at the time of booking, vehicle drop-off or pick-up. Speedometers on all new vehicles sold in Australia, including on all Subarus, have to meet Australian Design Rules. However, the speedometer reading is not directly linked to the odometer reading and therefore won't generate any variances."
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- Cruise-control not working in 2015 Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?