Subaru service cost
- Subaru Forester
- Subaru Liberty
- Subaru Liberty 2008
- Subaru Forester 2014
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Subaru Liberty Reviews
- Subaru Wagon Range
- Subaru SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Marcus Weber
Some comments about Subaru: My last service cost $292 but the dealer attempted to double the invoice with a cabin filter for $115 and injectors "flushed" for another $150. Subaru has service intervals that are half of the rest of the industry, at double the cost. All Subaru speedos are set 10 per cent below actual speed and dealers refuse to rectify this. It means at 100,000km you have only done 90,000km and paid for an additional service. Also, you hold up traffic on the open road. I have two Subarus, a 2008 Liberty wagon and 2014 Forester.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Mar 2015
Subaru spokesman David Rowley replies: "If the customer can supply the details of their car and the particular service, we would like to investigate on their behalf. Under Subaru's capped price service program, the cost of each service is transparent and clearly spelled out on our website, and can be checked at the time of booking, vehicle drop-off or pick-up. Speedometers on all new vehicles sold in Australia, including on all Subarus, have to meet Australian Design Rules. However, the speedometer reading is not directly linked to the odometer reading and therefore won't generate any variances."
Other Subaru Forester problems
- Why is the battery in my 2021 Subaru Forester going flat and how do I fix it?
- Does the Subaru Forester's 'boxer' engine feature a timing belt or a chain-driven set-up?
- Need to change the oil on my Subaru Forester, but want to know the right type and the best way to go about it
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Chinese electric cars: Top five electric...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Chinese electric cars: Top five electric vehicles from China
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?