Subaru Impreza 2011: Seized wheel nut
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Impreza 2011
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ross & Renee Holmes
In March this year we had a situation with a seized wheel nut, just after we had our 2011 Subaru Impreza serviced. The Subaru Service Centre replaced the nut and wheel stud free of charge, but it happened again last month when we had it serviced at the same place. This time we were charged for the nut and wheel stud, and when we disputed the charge, all they would offer us was a small discount and told us it was not covered under warranty. We have made a complaint in the post service survey, but Subaru have not changed their decision. What is the point of a new car warranty if the service centre can pick and choose what it decides to cover?
Answered by CarsGuide18 Oct 2013
I would be asking the service centre to explain why the nuts are seizing when they service the car. I would suspect the nuts are being over-tightened and their wheel guns need re-setting so they don't over-tighten.
Other Subaru Impreza problems
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2008: Good price range
- What car should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- What is the cheapest Subaru?
- Subaru Impreza 2011: Fitting out exhaust, custom lights and body kit
- Subaru Impreza 2010: Can the RS fit a Holden LS1 engine?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: Window suddenly shattered
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers