Should I buy a used Honda Jazz?
- Honda Jazz
- Honda Jazz 2008
- Honda Advice
- Honda Jazz Reviews
- Honda Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
- Small Cars
Asked by Bharat
Does it make sense to buy a 2008 Honda Jazz? it has about 15,000km driven. Is it worth spending $15,000 on it or not? My requirements are a small car but I can't spend more than 15k, I would like a fuel-efficient car.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Feb 2020
Well, if you’re looking for a fuel-efficient car, then a Honda Jazz is a very good choice. With an official combined fuel-consumption figure as low as 5.7 litres per 100km, and the ability to run on the cheaper 91-RON unleaded, the Jazz’s weekly fuel costs will be among the lowest around.
But $15,000 is a crazy figure. The entry-level Jazz was only about $16,000 when brand-new, so even though the kilometres showing on this one are extremely low, the price being asked is astronomical. The most expensive 2008 Jazzes out there are asking around $8000 (and that’s too much) with plenty out there for $4000 or less.
The difference would be if you meant to type 2018 instead of 2008 (which is a better match with the odometer reading you’re quoting) at which point $15,000 starts to look like roughly the right price to be paying. Either way, the Jazz is nicely built, drives well and will be very economical.
Other Honda Jazz problems
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Which generation Honda Jazz had a transmission issue related to the CVT?
- Honda Jazz 2008: What's the difference between models?
- Toyota Yaris 2011 and Honda Jazz 2005: Engine longevity
- Honda Jazz 2018: Can I increase the legroom in my car?
- Honda Jazz 2007: Transmission problems
- Honda Jazz: Replacement key cost
- What's a good used small car for city use?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with E
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing