Holden Astra 2002: Is it reliable?
- Subaru Impreza
- Holden Astra
- Holden Astra 2002
- Subaru Impreza 2004
- Holden Advice
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Holden Astra Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by A. McDonald
MY 2002 TS Holden Astra has travelled almost 100,000km and though I have found it good to drive, I have had a few mechanical problems with it. I am often told the TS Astra is notorious for having issues, especially after 100,000km. I want a car that will be reliable for some time. Is the Astra likely to be this reliable, or should I look elsewhere? I have been looking at other cars, especially the MY04 Subaru Impreza RX, for an upgrade.
Answered by CarsGuide10 Apr 2008
EVERY kilometre you drive is one closer to a major meltdown. That's the reality of owning any ageing car, not just an Astra. It's impossible to predict when that might happen. The reality is your car's best days are behind it. Should you sell? It's impossible to say. It doesn't matter what the badge is on the bonnet, your car is six years old, so you should expect a few problems. Your upgrade option is four years old, and though the Subaru is a good brand and the Impreza a good model, it is also getting on. I would press on with the Astra, or trade it in on a new car.
Other Holden Astra problems
- Why is the coolant in my 2007 Holden Astra a milky colour?
- Why does my 2017 Holden Astra jerk when I put it in reverse?
- Why does the clock in my 2004 Holden Astra CD keep resetting?
- Why does my 2009 Holden Astra have trouble starting after sitting overnight?
- What oil should I use in my 2004 Honda Astra?
- Why does my 2020 Holden Astra have an oil leak in the transmission?
- Holden Astra GTC 2015: Why is my car coughing dark smoke?
- Holden Astra 2006: How can I fix a broken CD player in my car?
Most viewed in Advice
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- Electric car battery recycling explained
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
Electric car battery recycling explained
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
12 best EVs available in Australia