Refund wanted on Rio
Asked by Chris Smith
We bought two Kia Rios in March this year for what we told was the best price possible. A month later I noticed a blemish in the paintwork on the roof of one of them and contacted the dealer who got approval from Kia to fix the roof. The rectification has been done.
I then contacted the dealer to request a refund for the damaged vehicle. They said no, so too did Kia. I believe that I have a sub-standard paint damaged vehicle which was also used as a demonstration vehicle at the local shopping centre, therefore a vehicle which has a lower price than the so called best price I was offered. I now find that Kia is offering these vehicles at a much reduced price. Do you believe I am due a refund from Kia, alternatively they could fit extras to our both vehicles to compensate us for the paint problems, such as cruise control to both vehicles and side window shields. Am I being unreasonable?
Answered by CarsGuide7 Aug 2015
Yes, you are. Kia has rectified the paint problem, so you have no issue there; they have done what they should have done. As for the price, well, prices go up and down and just because they are down below the price you paid for your cars doesn't mean you should get a refund. You paid the price you were offered at the time, end of story.
Other Kia Rio problems
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- What should I do if the transmission warning sign comes on in my 2020 Kia Rio?
- Skoda Fabia 2017: Would it make a good first car?
- Kia Rio 2019: Is it economical to run premium petrol?
- What car should I buy that is reliable and safe?
- Kia Rio 2019: Problems with sports shift
- What hatchback should I buy?
- Kia Rio: Key replacement cost
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Kia
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?