Mitsubishi Challenger 2011: No AM radio reception
- Mitsubishi Challenger
- Mitsubishi Challenger 2011
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Challenger Reviews
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
Asked by Ross Hutchinson
Overall we have been happy with our "30th Anniversary" Mitsubishi Challenger except that the proprietary radio with essential "Blue Tooth" phone facilities has so much interference that we can't use the radio on local AM stations. Despite considerable correspondence with our dealer and Mitsubishi, who agreed that there were problems with the system, they were not prepared to cover the cost of a modification to our audio unit to fix the problem. We have had the problem fixed by the installation of an alternative antenna, but believe this to be an expense that MMAL should cover, as we believe their original equipment was not fit for purpose. Hope you can assist us.
Answered by CarsGuide22 Mar 2013
There can be issues with things like AM radio reception with imported cars coming from countries where AM radio is not as widely used as it is here. I would agree that Mitsubishi should be responsible for providing a fix for your car, and we have had other companies do similar things with the radios in their cars in the past, but by having the car modified yourself you won't get Mitsubishi to take any interest in your situation. It is wiser to press the company for a fix.
Other Mitsubishi Challenger problems
- How do I know if my Mitsubishi Challenger has a fuel blockage?
- What is causing my 2009 Mitsubishi Challenger to cut out?
- Is my A/C cycling too frequently
- Mitsubishi Challenger 2011: What do we need to do to get a blue slip?
- Mitsubishi Challenger 1998: Noisy fan?
- Mitsubishi Challenger 2014: Could it fit Pajero seats?
- Mitsubishi Challenger: What is the LS, PB or PC?
- Mitsubishi Challenger 2015: Is it a lemon?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?