Nissan Dualis 2010: CVT gearbox quality issues
- Nissan Dualis
- Nissan Dualis 2010
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Dualis Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- 7 seater
Asked by Wayne Jarvie
I have major concerns with the quality of my 2010 Nissan Dualis. The CVT gearbox is getting worse, but I have been told that the decision maker at Nissan is away, so no action can be taken until his return. In addition there is a gap between the headliner and windscreen, but I have been told that unless the fault in the headliner can be seen from outside the vehicle or from the seats then the fault is to be considered normal. I have already had the headliner replaced once, as well as the rubber seal on the driver's door after it just fell off. The driver's door window is now rubbing the tinting off and the window is marked rather badly. There is also a rather bad oil leak, which I suspect is from the transmission as the oil is red. I now also have concerns with the quality of the seats as the driver's seat is showing bad signs of wear after just 32,000 km. I noted my concerns to the dealer some time ago. I have previously owned three Nissan X-Trails and they have been a pleasure to drive, so I am at a loss as to why an English-built vehicle can have so many issues. What can I do?
Answered by CarsGuide13 Jan 2011
It would seem you have a number of valid concerns about the car. Write a letter to your dealer detailing the problems you have experienced with the car and your disappointment, and request a meeting with them and a Nissan representative so you can express your concerns face to face and thrash out a program of work to fix the car.
Other Nissan Dualis problems
- Nissan Daulis 2014: How to fix the front seat?
- Nissan Dualis 2011: Won't lock
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Are there common problems over 175,000km?
- Nissan Dualis 2010: Should I change to a single-mass flywheel?
- Would a 2009 Nissan Dualis with 210,000km on the clock be reliable?
- Nissan Dualis 2013: Is 175,000km going to cause a problem?
- Can you recommend an SUV for my family?
- Nissan Dualis 2012: Are these gearbox issues normal?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers