Mazda BT-50: Will a canopy crack the tub
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2013
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ralph Nelson
When I picked up my new Mazda BT-50 3.2-litre twin-cab ute with a tub, the dealer told me that there were some issues with 'cracking' in one of the corners of the tub if a 'non-Mazda' canopy was fitted. A reputable 4WD outlet said that if it was 'cracking' it was due to unsatisfactory workmanship because they had not heard of it on any other vehicle, and their price was $1300 cheaper. My dilemma is which canopy to go for. If I choose, say ARB or such, Mazda will refuse liability for the tub cracking, whereas their tub will be covered by all warranty. Have you heard of the tub cracking?
Answered by CarsGuide9 Aug 2013
We have seen a number of reports of the tub cracking on the BT-50 and the Ford Ranger, but we haven't had any reports from owners ourselves. Take a close look at the design of the ARB canopy and then get your Mazda dealer to show you what Mazda does on its approved canopy to avoid the tub cracking issue. Also check to see who actually makes the Mazda canopy, it's likely to be one of the local manufacturers anyway.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2019 Mazda BT-50 is losing traction?
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Kit cars Australia: Can you still build one...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Kit cars Australia: Can you still build one in 2020?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?