Mazda 3: High road noise
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2014
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Mick Limbrick
I bought the new Mazda3 for my wife when it first came out in early 2014, an SP25 GT Sedan top-of-the-range. She likes the Mazdas and the write-ups on this model mentioned a lot less road noise, but I could only test it up to 80km/h on Melbourne roads, so thought it was reasonable. How wrong I was. Tyre noise has been an issue from day one with the new one, although I waited until 30,000km to change tyres. After a bit of research, I went for Continental ContiSportContact, which I also have on my Volkswagen Passat wagon and find quiet. It has reduced road noise on the Mazda by maybe 25 per cent, but still not acceptable in today's motoring and I find it hard to talk over the noise when on coarser road surfaces. This is the third Mazda we have owned and it will be our last.
Answered by CarsGuide19 Jul 2016
In Mazda's defence the SP25 GT does have sports suspension which will transmit more noise, but we're hearing more complaints and hope that Mazda has addressed the noise issue when the Mazda3 is updated later this month.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Why does the tyre pressure light keep coming on in my 2019 Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Power-steering cutting out
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G