Mazda 3: Electrical or computer fault
- Mazda 3
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Ben
I purchased a brand new Mazda 3 G25 GT auto hatch for my wife in June. The car was great until we took it to the dealer for its first complimentary check-up. It has done 700 km. We took it in and two weeks later the Mazda dealer still has it. Basically it has some sort of electrical or computer fault. The problem is Mazda created the problem by carrying out an update. The have replaced computer as per the latest recall. Car apparently wouldn't start at all after installing new part. I was informed they can start the car now. I am told by Mazda dealer that there are numerous fault codes that they are unable to fix. I have been in contact with both dealer and Mazda Australia. Initial response to my concerns was poor but now I am demanding a replacement or my money back. I have been totally let down and don't trust what I am being told.
Answered by CarsGuide17 Aug 2019
Certainly try and get your money back, or get a replacement vehicle, but you’re unlikely to succeed. At the very least Mazda should supply you with a loan car while they fix yours, and they should tell you when you could expect to have your car back.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Why does the tyre pressure light keep coming on in my 2019 Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Power-steering cutting out
- Mazda 3 2007: Can I replace the transmission control module?
- Mazda 3 2017: How can I reduce the cost of regular servicing?
- What is the best safe and cost-effective car for my kids to drive?
Most viewed in Advice
- Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol...
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Nissan RB30 engine: Your guide to the petrol six-cylinder motor
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
TD42 engine: Your guide to the Nissan turbo diesel motor
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000