LDV T60: Problems with engine temperature
Asked by Noel
I have recently posted a complaint about the brakes on my LDV T60. I now appear to have a problem with the engine temperature. On a recent trip with my van which weighs 2000 kg, on long hills the engine temp rose rapidly to just below the red zone and on two occasions the engine began to shut down, like running out of fuel. After a short rest the temp dropped. It did not boil or lose water from the tank. If this ute has a tow rating of 3000 kg what is going on.
Answered by CarsGuide29 Nov 2019
How sure are you that the caravan weights 2000 kg when fully loaded? What gear do you use when climbing hills? Make sure you are not heavier than you think, and use a lower gear on hills rather than let the engine lug in an overdrive ratio.
Other LDV T60 problems
- Why won't my LDV T60's display screen work?
- Hi, My LDV T60 ute's display screen is not working, All other functions are good. Any idea?
- Why is my LDV T60 Luxe stuck in 4L?
- Why won't my 2018 LDV T60 start?
- LDV T60 2019: Brakes not working properly
- LDV T60: Alarm sounding at 80km/h
- LDV T60 2017: What weight can I tow?
- Where is the LDV T60 made?