Fixing hail damage on cars
- Nissan X-Trail
- Nissan X-Trail 2002
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan X-Trail Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Dave Morgan
THE roof and bonnet of my 2002 Nissan X-Trail ST was damaged in a hailstorm. I was told it would take four weeks to fix because the roof had to be cut off, dismantled and put back together. This is not a Nissan repair shop, so I am wary of having someone dismantle half my car, then try to put it back together perfectly to fix some small dents on the roof. Will a non-Nissan smash repair shop have the necessary knowledge to do this?
Answered by CarsGuide22 May 2008
If it's an accredited repair shop, it will have the experience and skill to do the work. Body repair shops remove and replace panels all the time. It's not a concern as such, and done as a matter of course these days rather than panelbeat the roof to rid it of the dents as might have been done in the past. If the work is done correctly the structure of the vehicle won't be affected, and I would certainly have it done. I assume it's covered by insurance, so you have comeback on the insurance company if the work isn't done well. And resale value will be much better without dents in the roof.
Other Nissan X-Trail problems
- How much would it cost to convert my 2003 Nissan X-trail to electric?
- Why does my 2018 Nissan X-Trail make a rattle noise when I have my foot on the brake?
- What car should I buy to tow a trailer?
- How can I fix a faulty clock spring in a 2012 Nissan X-Trail?
- Nissan X-Trail diesel problems
- My 2002 Nissan X-Trail 2002 is struggling to change gears
- Does the Nissan X-Trail 2019 come in 1.6 diesel with an automatic gearbox?
- Why is my 2012 Nissan X-Trail using a lot of oil?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- Every electric car available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
Every electric car available in Australia