Fuels rush in
- Nissan Skyline
- Nissan Skyline 1989
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Skyline Reviews
- Nissan Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Randall Langdon
NISSAN do not recommend putting ethanol blend fuel in pre-2004 vehicles, whereas Holden says any post-1996 vehicles can run on this fuel. My 1989 Nissan Skyline has the same six-cylinder motor that was in the Holden. Does anyone really know what damage is done when using ethanol-blend fuels?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Mar 2006
THERE is a lot of information about the effect of ethanol blend fuels on engines, but don't expect carmakers to come out and say their engines will run on it. Think about it. Your car is 20 years old and never developed for ethanol, so Nissan has no info on what might happen. As a result they will never tell you it can run on ethanol because that leaves them open to litigation if it turns out there is a problem. Ultimately it comes down to the concentration of ethanol in the blend, and most blends on sale now are 10 per cent, which won't cause any problems. The higher the percentage, the greater the chance of having problems with fuel system hoses, seals, pumps et cetera.
Other Nissan Skyline problems
- How much should I ask for my Nissan Skyline?
- Why are so many Nissan Skylines being sold for under $10,000?
- 2000 Skyline a good buy?
- Nissan Skyline on E85
- Gas conversion on Nissan Skyline GTS
- High skyline
- Skyline buy up in the air
- What's a good first car for a son?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Hybrid vs plug-in hybrid: What's the difference?
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing