- Volkswagen Transporter
- Renault Trafic
- Volkswagen Caddy
- Mercedes-Benz Vito
- Mercedes-Benz Vito 2007
- Renault Trafic 2007
- Volkswagen Caddy 2007
- Volkswagen Transporter 2007
- Mercedes-Benz Advice
- Renault Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Transporter Reviews
- Renault Trafic Reviews
- Volkswagen Caddy Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Vito Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz Commercial Range
- Mercedes-Benz SUV Range
- Mercedes-Benz People mover Range
- Renault Commercial Range
- Renault SUV Range
- Renault People mover Range
- Volkswagen Commercial Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Volkswagen People mover Range
- People mover
- Buying tips
Asked by Peter Yacono
I OWN a mobile disco business that has been expanding rapidly over the past six months. I find I now need a larger vehicle to handle the extra lighting, speakers and rigging I need to carry. I considered a Mazda 6, which has a large boot, but I don't think it will be big enough. I've also been thinking of a wagon, but I don't think these would be big enough, either. That's started me thinking about a van, but image is important in my industry. I don't want to turn up to gigs in a Toyota HiAce looking like a tradie. I'm now considering a Mercedes-Benz Vito, but are there any other options. Also, my mother is concerned about my safety in a van. How do they stack up?
Answered by CarsGuide6 Sep 2007
SOUNDS like you need a van. The European vans are way ahead of the Japanese rivals in every aspect except price. They can be tricked up with all sorts of accessories that can look very cool. The Vito is worth considering, as are the VW Transporter and the Renault Trafic. If you can get away with a smaller van, look at the VW Caddy. The Japanese vans don't rate highly in crash testing, but the European vans have all the safety systems you'd expect in a passenger car.
Other Renault Trafic problems
- Can the clutch wear out on a Renualt Trafic if the hydraulic robot control unit is faulty?
- A wheelchair conversion
Most viewed in Advice
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Renault
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?