Cracked piston in Jetta
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Volkswagen Jetta 2009
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Anita Nabarro
My 2009 VW Jetta had had issues with the no. 3 fuel injector since 2012. It has been replaced twice, but last month the engine warning light came on, it was diagnosed to have faulty fuel injectors. A crack was then discovered in a piston, which virtually means a new engine is required. My sister had the same car, same year, and has had three engines replaced in three years with the same issues. She ended up being offered another car. Where do I stand now to have VW come to the party and either repair or replace the engine when they knew about the issue with the 118TSI 1.4 7-speed DSG engine. Your advice would be much appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide18 Sep 2015
I would think you have a good case to put to VW to have the engine replaced at its cost, although I would expect VW to say the car is too old and is no longer covered. Put your case to them for a new engine, but anticipate it will either be rejected, or an offer will be made to you with VW covering part of the cost of repairs.
Other Volkswagen Jetta problems
- What used car should I buy?
- How to fix the radio in my 2017 Voklswagen Jetta
- Which one to buy? A Toyota Camry or Volkswagen Jetta?
- Strange engine behaviour in 2017 Volkswagen Jetta
- Differences between Jetta Variants?
- Upgrading to 2012-2014 Touareg 180
- Road noise with low-profile tyre
- Reversing lights on Jetta?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers