Can you convert me?
- Mazda MX-5
- Holden Astra
- Toyota Celica
- Volkswagen Eos
- Toyota Celica 2000
- Mazda MX-5 2009
- Holden Astra 2009
- Volkswagen Eos 2009
- Holden Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Mazda MX-5 Reviews
- Holden Astra Reviews
- Toyota Celica Reviews
- Volkswagen Eos Reviews
- Holden Convertible Range
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Mazda Convertible Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Toyota Convertible Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Volkswagen Convertible Range
- Volkswagen Hatchback Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Jane Oliver
I AM looking to sell my much-loved 2000 Toyota Celica and buy a convertible, for which I am happy to spend up to $50,000. Can you recommend a car that is both reliable and good value for money?
Answered by CarsGuide26 Dec 2009
FOR a stylish drive there's the VW Beetle cabriolet and the Mini cabriolet. Both look smart and are fun to drive, and you will be able to get them for about $40,000. Another way to go is to buy a coupe/convertible -- one that has a folding metal roof instead of a soft-top. That way you get the security and refinement of a coupe and the fun of a convertible. The VW Eos is a good one, as is the Holden Astra Twin-Top, but they will set you back about $50,000. For a sportier ride there is the Mazda MX-5 coupe/convertible, which is more fun but is only a two-seater. All those cars will be reliable and all represent good value.
Other Toyota Celica problems
- How to sell my '88 Toyota Celica cabriolet?
- How much is a '99 Toyota Celica SX-R?
- What price for a classic?
- Best fuel for pensioner
- What's my toyota worth?
- Take soft option
- Going sporty at 41
- Good-looking cougar
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia