Buying online and best options for downsizing from CRV?
- Honda Civic
- Honda HR-V
- Honda Civic 2016
- Honda HR-V 2016
- Honda Advice
- Renault Advice
- Skoda Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Honda Civic Reviews
- Honda HR-V Reviews
- Honda Sedan Range
- Honda SUV Range
- Renault Sedan Range
- Renault SUV Range
- Skoda Sedan Range
- Skoda SUV Range
- Volkswagen Sedan Range
- Volkswagen SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Don
I am a 60-year-old family man currently driving a 2007 Honda CRV, which suited our family needs, but I am now an empty nester and still driving about 10-15,000km per year for work. I am thinking of something smaller or stylish, such as an HRV or Civic RS, and whilst I enjoy Honda I would like some suggestions on any other options I should consider, and how to buy on-line?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Jul 2016
Buying on-line requires the same careful consideration as buying from anywhere else. You certainly don't buy sight unseen; always see the car for yourself. Be wary if the seller suggests meeting in a public place, or at night, or somewhere that might make you suspicious. It's always worth having someone else with you at the time. If you want something a little more exciting you could look at various European brands, Like VW, Renault, Skoda, but in saying that I need to add that the Asian brands like Honda will generally be cheaper to run and maintain than the Europeans.
Other Honda HR-V problems
- How can I fix the seat belt in my 2020 Honda HR-V?
- What are the pros and cons of a 2018 MG ZS?
- My 2019 Honda HR-V flashing "Park" at me, what does it mean?
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- Honda HR-V 2019: Does it have adaptive cruise control?
- Honda HR-V 2019: Why does the radio cut out when I use the sat nav?
- Honda HR-V 2020: Will this model have an upgraded design?
- Dealer damaged my car
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Honda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?