Ask Smithy Xtra Subaru Impreza paintwork issue
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Impreza 2010
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Subaru Sedan Range
Asked by Shaun Camilleri
I?ve noticed a lot of odd marks in the paint on my 2010 Subaru Impreza RS that my dealer can?t explain. They had a representative from the paint protection company check out the car and his diagnosis was bee?s wax. He told me that he has a lot of trouble with Subaru paintwork, as it?s very soft and thin. I spent over $30,000 on this car and I think this is unacceptable for any car. How can I have the issue rectified by Subaru?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Apr 2011
If you’ve had paint protection applied your complaint is against the company that did that work, not Subaru. If it were done through the dealer, then you might also have a claim against the dealer. I would be very annoyed with paint protection company for not telling me they have problems with Subaru paint, if that is indeed the case, before they took my money and did the job.
Other Subaru Impreza problems
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2008: Good price range
- What car should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- What is the cheapest Subaru?
- Subaru Impreza 2011: Fitting out exhaust, custom lights and body kit
- Subaru Impreza 2010: Can the RS fit a Holden LS1 engine?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: Window suddenly shattered
Most viewed in Advice
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?