Ask Smithy Xtra LPG conversion for Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2002
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- 7 seater
Asked by Gordon.
What LPG system would be best to fit to my 2002 4.5-litre six-cylinder Toyota LandCruiser that's done 200,000 km in total and does 20,000 km per year traveling and touring?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Jun 2010
Lots of six-cylinder LandCruisers have been fitted with the traditional air valve type of LPG system and it works pretty well. The downside to it is that you lose a fair amount of performance by using an air valve system, simply because it’s hard to precisely tune it to the engine, and you really feel the loss of performance on a big, heavy car like the ’Cruiser. The better choice today is a vapour-injection system, which can be precisely tuned to the engine so that it will perform as well on gas as it would on petrol.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009: Why is my car beeping when I touch the brake pedal?
- What is the bet car for towing?
- Toyota Land Cruiser GXL 2018: Auto transmission issues