Window fitted aerial interference
- Subaru Forester
- Volvo S60
- Subaru Forester 2002
- Volvo S60 2002
- Subaru Advice
- Volvo Advice
- Subaru Forester Reviews
- Volvo S60 Reviews
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Subaru Wagon Range
- Subaru SUV Range
- Volvo Sedan Range
- Volvo Wagon Range
- Volvo SUV Range
Asked by Tom Armstrong
WHY do radio aerials fitted in car window glass begin to fail after five or six years? I own a 2002 Volvo S60 and have previously owned two Subaru Foresters. All have in-glass aerials and all the radio AM bands have developed severe interference after about that time. The FM band appears unaffected.
Answered by CarsGuide17 Oct 2008
WINDOW aerials aren't as effective as the old type and it seems the reception is always worse on the AM band. I'm not aware of any solution to the problem.
Other Subaru Forester problems
- What is causing a whistling noise from the exhaust of my 2007 Subaru Forester?
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- Cruise-control not working in 2015 Subaru Forester
- Subaru Forester 2017: How much can this car tow?
- Subaru Forester 2009: Why are the warning lights flashing on the dash?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers