2005 Territory a lemon
- Ford Territory
- Ford Territory 2005
- Ford Advice
- Ford Territory Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Family Cars
- 7 seater
Asked by Megan Miller
I purchased my 2005 Ford Territory Ghia without being able to look at it as my previous car had been written off in a flood and I was 37 weeks pregnant with my third child. As a mum with three kids I was very specific with the salesman that it must be a reliable car. Unfortunately, I was sold a lemon. After months of spending thousands at my local Ford I have had to replace door locks, get a new set of keys, as mine were faulty and I couldn't even lock it, boot lid, compartment lids and catches throughout the interior, the heater and air-con died, the radiator, the list goes on. All of this at my own cost. Now the latest issue is the gearbox. There was no third gear and now no reverse. After being so specific when discussing my needs with the salesman I am annoyed, but more annoyed that the Ford dealer and Ford themselves have been of no assistance in getting all of this fixed. I have had to fork out a lot of money and ultimately buy another vehicle as this one is off the road more than on it. I would love some assistance to get the gearbox fixed/replaced by Ford.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Oct 2015
Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do about it, the car is 10 years old and well beyond the warranty. It's even stretching the limit where you might expect goodwill. You bought an old car without inspecting it, took the salesman's word, and bought a model with known issues.
Other Ford Territory problems
- Why won't my 2005 Ford Territory transmission move forward or reverse?
- Ford Territory Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Ford Territory?
- Why is the transmission in my 2016 Ford Territory intermittently down-shifting?
- Does the 2008 Ford Territory RWD have electric steering?
- Why won't my Ford Territory go into reverse when cold?
- How do I activate the alarm system in my 2012 Ford Territory?
- The software in my 2015 Ford Territory is not working.
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about EV motors
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about EV motors
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia