Will a 2006 Isuzu nudge bar fit on my new 2021 Isuzu D-Max.
Asked by Stephan
Answered by CarsGuide3 Nov 2021
Almost certainly not. Unless there’s some strange quirk of manufacturing that allows the mounting points to magically line up, the current Isuzu D-Max is an all-new design, compared even to the most recent predecessor, let alone the model from 2006. The 2006 D-Max shared a lot of its architecture and engineering with the Holden Rodeo and later Colorado, while the new D-Max is a joint venture with Mazda and forms the basis of that company’s BT-50 range of utes.
You may be able to engineer a set of adaptors to mount the early nudge-bar to the later vehicle, but at some point it’ll get messy and simply not worth the time and money investment compared with buying a nudge-bar designed specifically for a 2021 D-Max. There’s also the issue of whether the old nudge-bar design would be compatible with the air-bag system of the new Isuzu. Again, almost certainly not is the short answer.
Other Isuzu D-Max problems
- Does the 2014 Isuzu D-Max have a DPF filter in the exhaust system?
- What can I do after the engine cover arms of my 2019 Isuzu D-Max broke after being serviced?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- Why doesn't my Android connect via Bluetooth in my 2017 Isuzu D-Max?
- Why wont the RPM of my 2015 Isuzu D-Max go higher than 2500?
- Why doesn't the radio work in my 2016 Isuzu D-Max?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?