Ford Falcon: What's a good replacement?
- Mazda CX-5
- Holden Commodore
- Toyota Kluger
- Ford Falcon
- Kia Sorento
- Ford Falcon 2017
- Holden Commodore 2017
- Mazda CX-5 2017
- Kia Sorento 2017
- Toyota Kluger 2017
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda CX-5 Reviews
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Kia Sorento Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Holden SUV Range
- Kia Sedan Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Monique
I have been advised not to buy a Ford Falcon due to them no longer being made and parts will become harder to find, which is what is occurring with my current XR6. Therefore, I am in the market to purchase a new/second hand vehicle, like the XR6 size, and would something of similar size and value. Could you recommend a vehicle that is not too expensive to run in service/parts, as I am a single parent of three boys and one of them is with special needs?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Nov 2017
There’s no good reason to not buy a Falcon, parts will be available for many years yet. There’s the Commodore, but it too is out of production. Other than that there’s no similar sized car available for you. You need to think about getting an SUV, such as a Toyota Kluger, Kia Sorento, Mazda CX-5.
Other Holden Commodore problems
- What is the difference between the 2017 VF Series 2 Holden Commodore SV6 and SV6 Black Edition?
- Can my 2003 Holden Commodore use ethanol E10 fuel? I usually use Octane 95.
- Why does the engine in my 2002 Holden Commodore stop for no reason?
- The roof lining in my VE Holden Commodore is starting to sag. Is it easy to repair the headliner of a Commodore or will I need to get it completely replaced?
- Are there any known issues with 2010 Holden Commodores?
- Would finding parts or repairs be an issue with a 2014 Holden Commodore?
- Are coolant leaks common in 2015 Holden Commodores?
- I'm looking at a 2014 Commodore Evoke with 61,500km. Would parts or repairs be an issue, as I be looking at keeping it long term?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you...
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you need to know about PHEVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing