What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Joe
Answered by CarsGuide16 Dec 2020
I spoke to Mitsubishi Australia who told me that paint fade is not a common complaint among their customers. There is the possibility that your car could be covered by warranty, but that will all depend on the circumstances of that individual vehicle. That’s not as simple as it having been exposed to high temperatures or UV radiation on a regular basis, either; the car’s entire history will be taken into account including whether it has ever been treated with an aftermarket paint treatment or has had body repairs at any stage.
Mitsubishi’s advice, then, is to take the vehicle to your nearest dealership and have the car examined to assess what the situation is. If that doesn’t satisfy you, you can also contact Mitsubishi Australia’s customer service division to discuss the issue.
For the record, shades of red are historically the worst offenders when it comes to fading and paint degradation. Paint technology has come a long way, but it remains that red pigments do not appreciate Australian levels of heat and UV radiation. In some cases, the original colour of the vehicle can be restored without resorting to repainting and this process can take many forms.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What should I do if my 2011 Mitsubishi Triton makes a grinding noise when changing gears?
- What is causing my 2019 Mitsubishi Triton to have DPF issues?
- How do I add a leaf spring to the suspension of my 2010 Mitsubishi Triton?
- What's the better buy, Pajero Sport Exceed or Toyota Fortuner Crusade?
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Every electric car available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Every electric car available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing