Ford Falcon: Water damage
Asked by Ziad Alashkar
I recently took my Ford Falcon XR8 sedan to a car wash after a long trip. The guy with the high-pressure wash did the engine bay for 15-20 seconds and the exposed air filter became damp. I took it to Ford the next day and replaced the filter. Could it have damaged the engine? The car is running normally.
Answered by CarsGuide3 Aug 2015
If the engine is running fine there is no damage. As soon as water gets into a combustion chamber it does the damage, as it is impressible and can wreak havoc with things like valves and even connecting rods.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- How much should it cost to replace the headliner in my Ford BA Falcon?
- How can I change driveshaft centre bearing on a 2004 BA Falcon?
- Will I still be able to buy LPG gas in the future?
- What is the best type of oil to use in a 2009 Ford Falcon XR6T?
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking