Vibrating steering wheel on Focus
Asked by Zdenek Vesely
After a small front-to-rear low-speed accident in my 2002 Ford Focus Automatic the radiator was changed and, in another other workshop the timing belt was changed. I now have a vibration of the steering wheel hot or cold, and increases when I slowly turn the steering wheel to the right or to the left. This is very disconcerting and dealers and suspension specialists can't find anything wrong. On dealer agreed with me that I was abnormal, but could not fix it. Could you suggest any reason for this problem, or where to go to have the car examined?
Answered by CarsGuide25 Nov 2010
While the crash might have seemed minor the damage could have been more substantial than you think, that they changed the timing belt would seem to suggest there was some significant damage to the car and that's where I would start investigating. I would suggest you contact an experienced assessor like Graeme Cuthbert on 0422 444 335 and have them inspect the car and the repairs.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Ford Focus 2004: Can the engine from a 2000 Focus fit in it?
- Does the 2014 Ford Focus Trend have transmission issues?
- What sort of car would be best suited for a sales staff worker?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- Ford Focus 2007: Does this card have a cam belt or cam chain?
- Ford Focus Titanium 2013 : What is the average fuel consumption?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- How reliable will your new car be?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
How reliable will your new car be?