Toyota Corolla: Loud gearbox
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla 1999
- Toyota Corolla 2009
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Andrew Smith
The gearbox or drivetrain in my 2009 Toyota Corolla Ascent six- speed manual is very noisy in all gears and not smooth in sixth gear where it should be very smooth. It sounds and feels like it is in fourth instead of sixth. Toyota tells me that it is normal. Can I get the gear ratio checked and what suggestions do you have?
Answered by CarsGuide29 Nov 2011
It's still under warranty so you should persist with your dealer and have him demonstrate, perhaps by driving another car with the same drivetrain, that yours is normal. You could also have a trusted mechanic drive it for you and give you an opinion on it.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- What's the resale value of a Volkswagen Golf and a Toyota Corolla?
- How do I find a reputable mechanic in my area?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with E
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with E