- Ford Focus
- Ford Focus 2002
- Ford Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
Asked by Sarah Martin
ON OCCASIONS the steering of my 2002 Ford Focus has locked while driving. My dealer said the steering column was faulty and needed replacing, but that Ford would not cover the complete cost of the work and I'd have to pay $1000. I asked if I could pick up the car without having it fixed, and was quickly told I could if I signed a waiver. I have spoken to head office and it was less then interested.
Answered by CarsGuide10 Nov 2006
WE CONTACTED Ford on your behalf and it said that, after consulting your dealer, it would cover the full cost of replacing the steering column. Ford said it was the first it had heard of such a problem with the Focus and would refer the problem to its European counterpart for investigation.
Other Ford Focus problems
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Ford Focus 2004: Can the engine from a 2000 Focus fit in it?
- Does the 2014 Ford Focus Trend have transmission issues?
- What sort of car would be best suited for a sales staff worker?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- Ford Focus 2007: Does this card have a cam belt or cam chain?
- Ford Focus Titanium 2013 : What is the average fuel consumption?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- When to use low range in your 4x4
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained
12 best EVs available in Australia
When to use low range in your 4x4