Toyota Camry 2008: Are squeaking noises from the back serious?
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Camry 2008
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Camry Reviews
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Marty
I drive a 2008 Toyota Camry Altise which was an ex-government car bought at auction and has done 78,000 km. Recently, I heard squeaking noises on and off that I guessed were from the back of the car when I drove on a rough or bumpy road. I had a dealer check it, but they could find nothing wrong with it, and they suggested it could have been involved in an accident weakening or cracking the welds in the body. The service advisor told me to ignore it and keep driving because it's not a big problem. Moreover, he said, it's not worth the cost involved in trying to find the problem, which would not be covered by warranty in any case. It's been going well for a year. What should I do now?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Mar 2011
Cars do generally loosen up as time goes by, the bodies flex even without you noticing it. I wouldn’t be too concerned about it, but if you were you could have a panel beater inspect it for you to see if it has been crashed.
Other Toyota Camry problems
- Which pre-2010 Toyota Aurion model year is best?
- What is the recommended height and weight of a driver for a 2010 Toyota RAV4?
- What car should I buy?
- Toyota Camry 2012: Can I mix fully synthetic and semi synthetic oils?
- Toyota Camry: Can I exchange the space saver for a full size spare?
- Toyota Camry 2019: How safe and reliable is this model?
- Toyota Camry Azura 2001: Why doesn't my car start on hot days?
- Toyota Camry 2018: Transmission problems
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Fuel efficiency explained