Toyota Camry 2002: When should I use overdrive?
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Camry 2002
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Camry Reviews
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Name withheld by request
I HAVE a 2002 Toyota Camry four-cylinder auto and would like to know when to use the overdrive button. Do you use it only when you are over 80km/h on straight roads, leave it on all the time, or use it to slow the car when approaching 60km/h speed zones?
Answered by CarsGuide3 Jun 2004
WHEN you start your engine, the transmission is in the overdrive mode -- it will shift through all gears, including the overdrive fifth gear. If you press the overdrive button, you will notice the warning light on the dash is illuminated telling you that the overdrive is off. In this case the transmission will not engage fifth gear. If you press the button above 80km/h the transmission will shift down to fourth. The overdrive should be engaged for normal driving to get better fuel consumption, but you can disengage it when you want more passing performance, or to slow the car when you are approaching a town.
Other Toyota Camry problems
- What car should I buy to replace my 2017 Toyota Aurion?
- What car should I buy for $5,000?
- Should I buy an electric car now or later?
- Which pre-2010 Toyota Aurion model year is best?
- What is the recommended height and weight of a driver for a 2010 Toyota RAV4?
- What car should I buy?
- Toyota Camry 2012: Can I mix fully synthetic and semi synthetic oils?
- Toyota Camry: Can I exchange the space saver for a full size spare?