Ford Falcon 2003: LPG fuel consumption
Asked by Stanley Hunter
Recently the LPG consumption of my 2003 Ford Falcon BA went up to 20 L/100 km after being 11. Despite having a gas service and an engine service, also new plugs and various adjustments there's still no improvement. The mechanic now recommends regulators and injectors be opened and cleaned at a cost of $450. The car conversion is still under guarantee. Should I pay for this? What should the average consumption be for this model?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Dec 2012
I doubt that it was ever 11 L/100 km on LPG. I would accept that it could be 11 L/100 km on petrol, and if so I would expect the consumption to rise to about 14 L/100 km when converted to LPG. If it returning 20 L/100 km on LPG then I would take it back and have the calibration of the system checked, I think that's where your problem could be.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- Why does my 2002 Ford Falcon idle irregularly and have a delayed throttle response?
- What oil can I use instead of Ford Engine Oil?
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
- What is the best tow vehicle to buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers