Ford Falcon 2003: LPG fuel consumption
Asked by Stanley Hunter
Recently the LPG consumption of my 2003 Ford Falcon BA went up to 20 L/100 km after being 11. Despite having a gas service and an engine service, also new plugs and various adjustments there's still no improvement. The mechanic now recommends regulators and injectors be opened and cleaned at a cost of $450. The car conversion is still under guarantee. Should I pay for this? What should the average consumption be for this model?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Dec 2012
I doubt that it was ever 11 L/100 km on LPG. I would accept that it could be 11 L/100 km on petrol, and if so I would expect the consumption to rise to about 14 L/100 km when converted to LPG. If it returning 20 L/100 km on LPG then I would take it back and have the calibration of the system checked, I think that's where your problem could be.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
- What is the best tow vehicle to buy?