Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Ford Ranger
- Nissan Navara
- Volkswagen Amarok
- Mazda BT-50
- Ford Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Volkswagen Amarok Reviews
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Volkswagen Commercial Range
- Volkswagen Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Raeylenne
Answered by CarsGuide11 Sep 2020
If you want an inexpensive, compact and hard-wearing truck that's reliable but not very refined nor comfortable, the old D22 is it. Its 3.0L turbo-diesel has proven strong and reliable in this application and the Nissan has a reputation for being as tough as nails.
The larger and newer D40, meanwhile, is the much better choice if space, safety and refinement are priorities, and remained a class-leading proposition right up until the current-generation Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50 and Volkswagen Amarok all moved the pick-up truck game on in 2011. The Spanish-built ST-X is the choice grade, especially in turbo-diesel and 4x4 guise.
The Navara is considered a reliable and dependable truck, but many are also workhorses that lead tough lives and are often neglected or mistreated. If you're after one, please consider having it checked out first by an experienced mechanic.
Known issues include fuel-injection failure, roof rust, premature clutch wear in manual models, electronics issues, turbo-charger failures and sagging rear springs.
Such problems can apply to any similar truck, so don't be too put off by the D40 Navara. It's a firm used-truck favourite for good reason.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- What can I do if the steering wheel and gear knob are peeling in my 2018 Nissan Navara?
- Does the wrong battery cause problems with the starter motor in the Nissan Navara 2013?
- What is the best reliable ute?
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?