Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Ford Ranger
- Nissan Navara
- Volkswagen Amarok
- Mazda BT-50
- Ford Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Volkswagen Advice
- Ford Ranger Reviews
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Volkswagen Amarok Reviews
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Ford Commercial Range
- Ford Ute Range
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Volkswagen Commercial Range
- Volkswagen Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Raeylenne
Answered by CarsGuide11 Sep 2020
If you want an inexpensive, compact and hard-wearing truck that's reliable but not very refined nor comfortable, the old D22 is it. Its 3.0L turbo-diesel has proven strong and reliable in this application and the Nissan has a reputation for being as tough as nails.
The larger and newer D40, meanwhile, is the much better choice if space, safety and refinement are priorities, and remained a class-leading proposition right up until the current-generation Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50 and Volkswagen Amarok all moved the pick-up truck game on in 2011. The Spanish-built ST-X is the choice grade, especially in turbo-diesel and 4x4 guise.
The Navara is considered a reliable and dependable truck, but many are also workhorses that lead tough lives and are often neglected or mistreated. If you're after one, please consider having it checked out first by an experienced mechanic.
Known issues include fuel-injection failure, roof rust, premature clutch wear in manual models, electronics issues, turbo-charger failures and sagging rear springs.
Such problems can apply to any similar truck, so don't be too put off by the D40 Navara. It's a firm used-truck favourite for good reason.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Accelerator failure code
- Nissan Navara 2011: Why does it go into limp mode?
- Nissan Navara 2008: Where is the device for opening the bonnet?
- Nissan Navara 2019: Infotainment system not working since July upgrade
- Nissan Navara 2013: Flat battery
- Nissan Navara 2011: Why is my car losing power?
- Nissan Navara 2015: Used models
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers