Holden Colorado 2009 - 2012: What are the servicing intervals?
- Holden Colorado
- Holden Colorado 2012
- Holden Colorado 2009
- Holden Advice
- Holden Colorado Reviews
- Holden Commercial Range
- Holden Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Stepehn
Answered by CarsGuide9 May 2020
The recommended service interval for this vehicle is every 10,000km. Roughly speaking, every second service is a bit more involved, so that suggests it’s more of a `major’ service. Either way, skipped services on a vehicle like this will be false economy in the longer term.
On the timing belt front, there’s good news and bad. The good news is that both the turbo-diesel and petrol V6 versions of the Colorado both use timing chains, so there’s no need to change a timing belt. The bad news is that the petrol version uses the Alloytech V6 which is renowned for its ability to stretch its own timing chain to the point where it needs costly replacement. This is a known fault with this engine.
Other Holden Colorado problems
- Why is the gear stick in my 2015 Holden Colorado wobbly?
- Why does the engine light keep coming on in my 2008 Holden Colorado?
- How do I disable the seat-belt sensor for the passenger seat in my 2012 Holden Colorado?
- Can I increase the brightness of the dash lights in my 2013 Holden Colorado?
- What is causing the brake pedal to sink slowly to the floor in my 2016 Holden Colorado?
- What is causing a front end knock in my 2020 Holden Colorado ZL1?
- How can I test if there's too much blow-by in the engine of my 2010 Holden Colorado?
- Holden Colorado 2011: Problems with the crankshaft
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with E
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing