Holden Colorado 2009 - 2012: What are the servicing intervals?
- Holden Colorado
- Holden Colorado 2012
- Holden Colorado 2009
- Holden Advice
- Holden Colorado Reviews
- Holden Commercial Range
- Holden Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Stepehn
Answered by CarsGuide9 May 2020
The recommended service interval for this vehicle is every 10,000km. Roughly speaking, every second service is a bit more involved, so that suggests it’s more of a `major’ service. Either way, skipped services on a vehicle like this will be false economy in the longer term.
On the timing belt front, there’s good news and bad. The good news is that both the turbo-diesel and petrol V6 versions of the Colorado both use timing chains, so there’s no need to change a timing belt. The bad news is that the petrol version uses the Alloytech V6 which is renowned for its ability to stretch its own timing chain to the point where it needs costly replacement. This is a known fault with this engine.
Other Holden Colorado problems
- My 2015 Holden Colorado selects reverse without a problem, the reverse camera comes on, but the tail lights don't light up when I hit the brake pedal...
- When fitting four new tyres on my 2018 Holden Colorado, I was told it needed new suspension fitted, because the wheel alignment was out and could not be adjusted...
- I replaced my engine and now I have odd vibrations in the car when I drive it...
- How do I fix the vibration issue on my 2012 Holden Colorado?
- Why has my 2014 Holden Colorado suddenly stopped working?
- Why is there a change in noise when I switch from two to four-wheel-drive in my Holden Colorado 2013?
- How can I check what's eating the battery while my 2013 Holden Colorado is switched off and parked?
- Where is the fuse for the reverse lights/reverse camera located in the 2013 Holden Colorado?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
The best seven-seat electric and hybrid cars in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia