Have Wheels Will Travel
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Nissan Patrol
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2005
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2005
- Nissan Patrol 2005
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Nissan Patrol Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Toyota Ute Range
Asked by Wayne Barlow
HAVING retired, I'm about to join the Grey Nomads, but I'm not sure which vehicle would best suit me. I intend to travel from Melbourne to the west coast, up to Darwin, Cairns and back down the east coast, taking five to six months. I will be travelling mainly on sealed roads and I plan to tow a 5.5-6m van weighing 2-2.5 tonnes. I am looking at the 2005 LandCruiser Diesel Turbo, the 2005 LandCruiser Prado V6, and the 2005 Patrol Diesel Turbo. Which would be best for me?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Aug 2009
I WOULD not recommend the turbodiesel Patrol because of the high number of reports of engine failure, which leaves the two Toyotas. Both will do what you want, but I would go for the Prado because it's a little more civilised than the LandCruiser. I would also go for the diesel rather than the petrol V6 because I believe it will give you better fuel economy on your trip.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Will the new 2021 Toyota Landcruiser 300 Series have the centre console fridge?
- Which of the Toyota LandCruiser is the most best?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Cars that start with E
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Cars that start with E
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing