Has Toyota rectified the diesel DPF issues for their 2021 vehicles?
- Toyota HiLux
- Toyota Fortuner
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Toyota Fortuner Reviews
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
Asked by Martin
Answered by CarsGuide24 May 2021
When Toyota launched the facelifted HiLux late last year, much was made of the fact that consumer concerns had been noted and that the DPF problems experienced by many owners had been addressed. The problem is that until these new versions of the HiLux have done their share of kilometres, we won’t be in a position to know for sure whether Toyota has, indeed, cured the problem.
Meantime, it remains that unless your driving habits include a 30-minute drive at highway speeds every two or three weeks, a modern turbo-diesel with a DPF may not be the best choice. It is worth noting, though, that HiLuxes (and Prados and Fortuners) built after June 2018 have been fitted with a manual regeneration function for the DPF which means the driver can manually force a DPF burn-off without waiting for the car to do so itself. Toyota has also announced that the worst affected versions of the HiLux will now be covered by an extended, 10-year warranty on any DPF issues going forward. More information can be found here.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser Prado problems
- Can you adjust the driver's seat height in a 2006 Prado GXL?
- Can you adjust the rear suspension height in a 2006 Toyota Pardo?
- What's a good 4WD for the outback?
- Why is my horn and reversing camera not working?
- The paint on my 2007 Toyota Prado is peeling off, what should I do?
- Can I replace the master cylinder on my 2000 Toyota Prado with a second-hand one?
- Why is the media screen on my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser Prado now in Japanese?
- How much is my 2011 Toyota Landcruiser Prado worth?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Tesla electric cars in Australia: Everything you need to know
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cars that start with G