Does my 2013 Holden Cruze have a transmission control unit issue?
- Holden Cruze
- Holden Cruze 2013
- Holden Advice
- Holden Cruze Reviews
- Holden Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Thevinda
I have a 2013 Holden Cruze. I recently replaced the ignition coil and spark plugs and a week after the replacement I got another problem. After about 20 minutes of driving, and when the car is brought to a stop at a red light, the car jerks in two-second intervals. This happens only when the gearbox is in Drive and the car is stopped, not while moving. This is the only problem with the car at the moment. I asked an expert and he said it could be an issue with the transmission control unit. Could this be the case? Would love to know your opinion on this.
Answered by CarsGuide13 Jan 2022
Yes, it could be something to do with the way the transmission is behaving. But it could also very easily be any one of a hundred other things. A faulty transmission can cause a car to surge while stopped, but so can a fault with the fuel, ignition and any number other systems found on a modern car.
But work backwards for a moment. Did this new problem occur immediately after the plugs and coil-packs were changed? Or was there a full week of normal driving before the new problem set in? I’d be checking the connections on those new plugs and coils and making sure that nothing has been left loose. A poor earth connection can be the source of many problems that seem like something else initially. From there, I think an electronic scan is probably the best advice as this will help pin-point what’s going wrong. The car’s own computer should have a very good idea of what’s amiss and can alert you to it quickly.
Other Holden Cruze problems
- I'm looking at buying a 2014 Holden Cruze should I be worried about high kilometres on the clock?
- Why is my 2006 Holden Cruze is stuck in Park?
- My 2004 Holden Cruze manual is getting oil in the number two spark plug tube. Where could it be coming from?
- Can I do a service on my 2010 Holden Cruze myself?
- How do you check transmission oil in a Holden Cruze 2009 and where is the fuel filter located?
- What can I do if the transmission in my 2012 Holden Cruze has failed?
- Holden Cruze Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Holden Cruze?
- Are there any issues with a Holden Cruze 1.6 petrol turbo from 2015 onwards?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Every electric car available in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Every electric car available in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing