- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1990
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1994
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1991
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Brendan O'Neill
We have just had the turbo-diesel engine in our 80-series Toyota Landcruiser's fully reconditioned from the radiator to the clutch at the cost of $14,500. When we got it back we found the speedo wasn't working, nor was the air-conditioner, and the rear main seal was leaking. Everything was supposed to be repaired when we took it back for its first service, but wasn't. The mechanic advised us he could give us the name of a repairer for the air-conditioner, but when we asked about the speedo he said he would get back to us. He hasn't. Both the speedo and air-conditioner were working before the motor was overhauled. What do we do now?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Jul 2012
Your dispute is with the mechanic, who it seems hasn't completed the work you have paid for him to do, so that's where you should start. If that doesn't result in a resolution you have to resort to legal action, and I would suggest you take him to the small claims court in your state.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser problems
- Toyota LandCruiser 2016:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series: What is the height of the running board?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2014: Is this a good car to buy second-hand?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 1998: What is the towing power of this car?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2006: How much would this car sell for?
- Toyota Land Cruiser 2009: Why is my car beeping when I touch the brake pedal?
- What is the bet car for towing?
- Toyota Land Cruiser GXL 2018: Auto transmission issues
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers